HOMES BUILTS PRIOR TO 1990 MAY CONTAIN ASBESTOS
What Is Asbestos and What Are The Dangers?
Asbestos is a group of naturally occurring minerals that have been mined for its strength and thermal resistance. Asbestos was used for many decades until it was finally acknowledged that asbestos exposure can cause serious illness. Asbestos fibres cannot be seen with the naked eye and once inhaled, are not easily expelled. Asbestos fibers settle in the lungs and can cause diseases including asbestosis, pleuritis, cancers, and COPD.
Where Can Asbestos Be Found In The Home?
Asbestos was used in hundreds of building materials. Common asbestos-containing materials include:
- Flooring Tiles: Vinyl, Sheet & Linoleum
- Mechanical Insulation: Ductwork, Boilers, Pipes
- Textured Coatings: Popcorn and Stucco Ceilings
- Drywall Joint Compound & Plaster
- Vermiculite Insulation (Used in Attics)
Let's Test Your Materials for Asbestos
- Asbestos is only harmful if disturbed such as renovations, alterations, water damages or other damages.
- Planning renovations? contact Healthy Environmental to perform required material testing. We offer extensive experience and affordable options.
- Asbestos Detected? Contact us for a free quotation for removal.
Highly Experienced Professionals
Offering Affordable Removal - No Project Too Small
- Our Company is Certified, Insured and WSIB Compliant
- Providing Quality Services for Over 13 Years