ASBESTOS REMOVAL HAMILTON
Protecting The Air You Breathe
Asbestos is a natural accruing mineral that was and is mined in several locations around the world. It’s most enhanced benefit is that it has an extremely high flammability rating and is still considered one of the best fireproofing materials known to man. There are several types of asbestos utilized in building materials. Some are more dangerous than others.
- The common person would not be exposed to pure 100% asbestos fibers as asbestos was typically mixed with other building materials therefore called Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM)
- Most asbestos containing materials are typically safe unless disturbed. However some ACM can deteriorate from age
- Having any exposure to any asbestos is not good. It can take years to manifest itself plus many fibers have barbs that attach themselves to your lung walls and cause damage
- Most experienced personnel in the removal industry can detect ACM from appearance but it requires an lab testing to detect asbestos scientifically
- People who smoke are much more likely to contact a disease if exposed to Asbestos
WHERE TO TYPICALLY FIND ASBESTOS (ACM) IN A DWELLING;
Boiler pipes and elbows insulation, Vinyl Tiles (9”by9”) and sheet flooring, caulking on doors/windows, mastics on floors, HVAC insulation, drywall joint compound, ceiling tiles, stucco and plaster, electrical wiring insulation, fireproofing and vermiculite etc. (Over 3,000 products have been known ACM)
If your home is older than 1990, don’t demo through walls and ceilings yourself. You could be exposing yourself and your occupants to asbestos. Asbestos was used materials such as stucco, drywall compound and plaster (test first for asbestos).
We are professional abatement/removal contractors who can help you to protect your family by utilizing the latest equipment & techniques to prevent asbestos contamination. We specialize in Type 1, 2 and 3 removal practices.